This is an update of my 101 Things in 1001 Days project.
Items accomplished in October: 0
Total items accomplished: 9/101
Percentage complete: 8.9%
Completed in October:
Nothing! This month was about hammering away at the bigger tasks on the list.
Primary In-Progress in October:
25. Read War and Peace. Downloaded the free Gutenberg Project version onto the iPad. I’m chugging along at this. It’s slow going. I expect I’ll finish in the year 2237.
32. Build at least six custom frames for paying customers. My friend Justin put down a deposit on a 26er hardtail just before I left to go get married and go on my honeymoon. It’s underway — blueprint is complete, and tubes are coming together. I also took a deposit from Andrew, in Singapore, for a 29er hardtail that can take a belt drive. Tubes and parts are en route, and blueprinting will happen this week.
56. Learn to make beer. I’ve been strongly hinting to Kate that a basic homebrewing kit would make an excellent birthday present. I’ve also been poking around trying to find a good “For Dummies” level book on the topic.
61. Have at least three months’ of salary (Kate’s and mine) in savings. Now that the wedding is over, we’re working on getting our savings built back up. It’s going to be slow-going to get to this, as we’re focused more on #62, below.
62. Be debt-free except for student loans and Kate’s car loan. This month, we paid off Kate’s Target card and one of my credit cards. We have a plan. It’s underway. We rock, BTW.
70. Have our cats microchipped. Scout had a veterinary appointment on the 30th for a check-up. I had him chipped then.
93. Learn to speak a new language. (Japanese.) I got back on this horse after being severely interrupted by wedding prep/execution. I’m starting over from scratch.