Okay, so I’m starting a framebuilding class at the end of September, which is going to be awesome.
I had planned on calling my line of frames Ferocious Cycles — up until the point where I discovered that there’s a Vicious Cycles.
The general consensus amongst those I’ve talked to is that I should change the name. And I’m open to that.
So I’m starting a contest: suggest a name for my framebuilding company, and the winning suggestion gets a custom steel (bicycle) frame from me!
Here’s my judging criteria:
- The name must not be in current or past usage as the name of another bike company.
- The domain name must be available.
- The name of the company needs to “wow” me (that’s “me”, not “you”) the way Ferocious Cycles does.
- By making a suggestion, you release any and all rights and claims to those names, should I opt to use them. If I don’t use them, you can keep them.
Here’s the caveats:
- You get to pick the frame style from a list of choices, sizing/geometry and the (single) color. I get to select the tubing materials.
- You get a frame and fork only. This is not a complete bike.
- Frame and fork will be delivered to you by March 31, 2011. (But probably sooner.)
Suggestions should be placed in the comments portion of this post. By my edict, the first person to suggest a name (which will be based upon the timestamp of their post) will be the winner in the case which two people suggest the same name.
Suggestion spamming is highly frowned-upon. Thus, I will limit each person to no more than 3 suggestions per post. Furthermore, if you’re just using thesaurus.com to find synonyms for ferocious (or related words), well then, you suck. This is about creativity, people.
I also reserve the right to discard all the suggestions and come up with my own name. In that case, I will put all your names into a spreadsheet, and use random.org to select the winner.
When you enter, be sure and use an email address I can contact you at. You may make as many suggestions as you want, but each individual will have one chance to win (unless you get sneaky and use a different name and email address). Remember, I’ll be contacting you via email, so make sure it’s a proper email address.
I will accept entries through 11:59 p.m., Central Standard Time (U.S.) on August 21, 2009. Comments to this post will close after that, and no other suggestions will be accepted.