1. All of my friends (both IRL and online) who have offered everything from friendly words, to helping pack on Saturday, to child care, to just some good, inappropriate jokes. You guys are the best.
2. My in-laws. Holy god, you guys are life savers. Thank you so much for your help on all of this.
3. My co-workers. You guys have been so understanding and so helpful. You guys are the reason I come to work every day, and the reason I have a hard time saying “no” until my plate is so over-full that I have no idea what to do.
4. Kate’s friends. You guys are awesome, too. I cannot get over how good a job she does of finding people that can stick with her when times are tough, without being judgmental or controlling. People like you give me hope for the future of the human race. I’m glad you’re in our lives and my kids’ lives.
5. My brothers Reed and Paul. You have your own burdens to bear, and have still come out in support of us in our hour (a four-week long hour at this point) of need. It means a lot to me, and even though I try to avoid placing anything at your feet, please know that I love you and that your offer is what’s important — it means the world to me. I know we’ve been through a lot, and we’ve had our differences, and we’ve never quite seen eye-to-eye, but I love you guys. Thank you.