This week I spent several hours on unanticipated work caused by an as-yet unidentified fault at one of our service providers. I won’t delve into details (nor name the provider), but I will state that the end result was a that I had a large number of clients who were extremely upset, and for the second time this calendar year, our service provider has egg on their face.
Thus, I have been not only attempting to keep up with my current workload, but I’ve been placating the understandably irritable clientele, and trying to wrangle answers and a solution out of the service provider. As I write this, I have managed the former — clients placated, problem solved.
Resolving the exact cause at the service provider is what remains to be done.