Posts in this series
- Day 1: Introduce Yourself
- Day 2: Your First Love
- Day 3: Your Parents
- Day 4: Your Music
- Day 5: Your Definition of Love
- Day 6: Your Hobbies
- Day 7: Your Best Friend
- Day 8: A Precious Item
- Day 9: Your Beliefs
- Day 10: What You Wore Today
- Day 11: Your Siblings
- Day 12: What's in Your Bag?
- Day 13: Your Mode of Transportation
- Day 14: Where You Live
- Day 15: Your Childhood
- Day 16: Your First Kiss
- Day 17: Your Favorite Memory
- Day 18: Your Favorite Birthday
- Day 19: Something You Regret
- Day 20: Your Morning Routine
- Day 21: Your Job and/or Schooling
- Day 22: Something That Upsets You
- Day 23: Something That Makes You Feel Better
- Day 24: Something That Makes You Cry
- Day 25: Your Sleeping Habits
- Day 26: Your Fears
- Day 27: Your Favorite Place
- Day 28: Something That You Miss
- Day 29: Your Favorite Foods/Drinks
- Day 30: Your Aspirations
As a typical American, my primary mode of transportation is a car. We’re a two-car family, of course. I’ll begin with describing mine.
My personal car is a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX. It’s the wagon variant, and it’s a nice blend between utility and fast-as-hell. It’s got a few aftermarket mods, like a catback exhaust, and so on. In the future, I’ll be replacing the up-pipe and down-pipe on the turbo, and doing a Stage 2 tune to it. This will be the car I drive for at least the next 18 months, and while I enjoy it, I’m already looking at possible replacements.1
Kate’s car is a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. We picked it up because the situation with her Ford Focus had become untenable. It’s a zippy little car, and a not-bad driving experience. The only extensive driving I’ve done with it was for most of last summer while she was in Wilmington, NC, for work. It’s definitely reminded me of why I like Hondas.
Then there’s my fleet of bikes. Right now, the complete ones are two Salsas (a Campeón road bike and a Las Cruces cyclocross rig), a Cervelo P2C, and a Pallas Athena custom 29er. I’ve got a commuter frame in-progress for myself that I should be wrapping up this weekend, as well.
And then there’s my feet. I do like to walk when things are within a half-mile to a mile, and the weather’s not harsh.
1. Under consideration are the Subaru Legacy, Acura TL, BMW 328i, Audi A4, Volvo S40, and a few other family sedan-type cars. These are all either standard with all-wheel drive or have it available as an option. I’m also considering going back a Nissan XTerra, as I do miss the conveniences of an SUV.