Posts in this series
- Day 1: Introduce Yourself
- Day 2: Your First Love
- Day 3: Your Parents
- Day 4: Your Music
- Day 5: Your Definition of Love
- Day 6: Your Hobbies
- Day 7: Your Best Friend
- Day 8: A Precious Item
- Day 9: Your Beliefs
- Day 10: What You Wore Today
- Day 11: Your Siblings
- Day 12: What's in Your Bag?
- Day 13: Your Mode of Transportation
- Day 14: Where You Live
- Day 15: Your Childhood
- Day 16: Your First Kiss
- Day 17: Your Favorite Memory
- Day 18: Your Favorite Birthday
- Day 19: Something You Regret
- Day 20: Your Morning Routine
- Day 21: Your Job and/or Schooling
- Day 22: Something That Upsets You
- Day 23: Something That Makes You Feel Better
- Day 24: Something That Makes You Cry
- Day 25: Your Sleeping Habits
- Day 26: Your Fears
- Day 27: Your Favorite Place
- Day 28: Something That You Miss
- Day 29: Your Favorite Foods/Drinks
- Day 30: Your Aspirations
Wow, this is going to be a tough one to write. Part of me wants to be completely blunt and forthright, but at the same time, I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. So this calls for that thing…what is it? Oh yeah, it’s tact. Tact. Right!
Let’s talk about what I get from each of my parents.
Dad. From my dad, I got my love of big ideas — science fiction, storytelling, these sorts of things definitely come from him. I would also argue that my dad and I have the same inability with money — that’s not a bad thing, some people just aren’t wired for it.
Mom. Physically, I take after the Thuma side of the family — the tall and lanky is part of it, and some of my facial features are from them, too. When I talk to the cats in the house, I totally hear my mom’s voice when she talks to hers. I also get my stubbornness from my mom.
Stepmom. Here’s where things get a little more grey area, since there’s no genetic relation. I think I get my liberal streak from my stepmom — her liberal ideas really informed a lot of the way I think today.