Posts in this series
- Day 1: Introduce Yourself
- Day 2: Your First Love
- Day 3: Your Parents
- Day 4: Your Music
- Day 5: Your Definition of Love
- Day 6: Your Hobbies
- Day 7: Your Best Friend
- Day 8: A Precious Item
- Day 9: Your Beliefs
- Day 10: What You Wore Today
- Day 11: Your Siblings
- Day 12: What's in Your Bag?
- Day 13: Your Mode of Transportation
- Day 14: Where You Live
- Day 15: Your Childhood
- Day 16: Your First Kiss
- Day 17: Your Favorite Memory
- Day 18: Your Favorite Birthday
- Day 19: Something You Regret
- Day 20: Your Morning Routine
- Day 21: Your Job and/or Schooling
- Day 22: Something That Upsets You
- Day 23: Something That Makes You Feel Better
- Day 24: Something That Makes You Cry
- Day 25: Your Sleeping Habits
- Day 26: Your Fears
- Day 27: Your Favorite Place
- Day 28: Something That You Miss
- Day 29: Your Favorite Foods/Drinks
- Day 30: Your Aspirations
Politically. I consider myself to be a centrist, but I tend to vote to the left. I believe in smaller, more efficient government, and fiscal responsibility. However, the outrageous cut-taxes-and-spend-like-mad, religious zealotry, “fear of brown people,” and anti-gay stance of the Republicans prevents me from voting for them.
Abortion. This is a woman’s decision — it’s her body. This is not something that should be legislated. If you don’t agree with abortions, that’s fine, don’t have one. But don’t try to impinge upon the rights of others because it makes you sad and/or religiously offended. There are far greater problems in the world for you to direct your energies at.
Gay Rights. I don’t give a damn what your religion says, your freedom to worship doesn’t trump someone’s fundamental right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I believe in full equality for gays, including the right to marry and the right to serve in the military.
God. If you look at my Facebook profile, it says, “You can have all the imaginary friends you want, just don’t push them on me.” I’m not a believer, but I respect your right to believe. Please respect my beliefs as I respect yours.
I’m not sure I really know what else to write about — I figured I would touch on the “big” subjects for this. Ask me in the comments box if you want to know about other topics.