I’m so tired.
Today, I am only doing 7 hours at the office, which means I get to leave at 2:30, but more on that later.
I feel like I’m at the cusp of the marathon. For me that usually happened around 17-18 miles: “I’ve come so far, but I still have so much further to go.”
The wedding prep is spinning like a top. Combine it with my work schedule where I’ve worked 11 hours on Monday and 10 hours on Tuesday, and I’m just about to collapse.
Tonight, Kate has a dinner thing for work. I’m going up to Princeton to build bike stuff because it’s damned relaxing and I need to slow down and let my mind go quiet. So here’s my plan for tonight:
- Fork: Sweat apart fork, re-do crown. This will necessitate using the lathe to create a sleeve so I can put a 1″ steerer tube into a 1 1/8″ socketed crown. No big deal there.
- Commuter frame: Sweat DT free from BB. Tweak BB shell lug shaping. Put new seat tube into BB. Put DT back into BB.
- Track frame: Prep seat tube and BB shell. Tack.
- Justin’s MTB frame: Prep seat tube and BB shell. Tack.
- If I have time, I may also toss together a prototype for a design I’m patenting. It’s a 2-second thing.
Yes. Life is crazy, but I still have awesome things in it.