A few family-related updates:
1. Saw Transformers 2 last night with one of my future brother-in-laws. The verdict: fight scenes good, plot’s awfully thin, and one really really bad continuity error (you don’t go out the back door of the Smithsonian into a desert with mountains in the background and a bunch of parked C-141 Starlifters looking like they’ve been mothballed.) Predictable. Probably won’t watch again.
2. Working with other future B.I.L. We’re going to get a few iPhone apps rolled and on the App Store — that’s the plan, anyway. We’re still trying to come up with a name. We’ve got 2-3 good ideas for software, and I’m trying to think of others.
3. Picked up Mooch’s remains at the UPS depot yesterday. That was surreal and a little sad. My chubby little girl’s been reduced to a pound of ash. I’ll need to track down a classy little urn for her.
4. Mom’s heart appears to be okay. EKG glitch gone, still some minor chest pain/pressure. They think it may be her gall bladder. Crazy stuff. She’s starting to have lots of surgeries — knee, bladder, bunions, etc. Pretty soon, my mom will be a cyborg.
5. Kate’s back in NC, after coming home for the family camping trip this weekend. I’m missing her like crazy again, but I’m looking for upsides to this. Upside: I get to drive the Honda Fit while she’s gone. Woo, gas savings.