Oh. Hi. Yeah, I haven’t updated since Sam’s birthday last week and I didn’t do the usual “Things I’m Thankful For” post. Feel free to direct your disappointment and lectures to the comments section below.
I had a five-day weekend, and it went pretty well. A few minor hiccups along the way, to be sure, but still a pretty good experience overall.
Short Bullet Points of What Happened
- appointment with back doctor, will be getting full spine (skull to tailbone) MRI and x-rays
- cookies were consumed (Kate and Eddy made them)
- some back spasms; really got bad after I shoveled the driveway on Friday
- read a bunch — finished Vonnegut’s Letters, devoured Suarez’s Influx, and started in on Bryson’s One Summer: America, 1927
- watched the Vikings beat up the Panthers
- no big turkey dinner, but that was fine…was just happy to have some extended downtime with the wife and kids
Five Things I’m Thankful For
- My job
- A pretty good year so far, despite the rough start