Posts in this series
- Speculation: CX Frame Build, Part 1
- Prepping: CX Frame Build, Part 2
- Cutting Steel: CX Frame Build, Part 3
- Closer to the Torch: CX Frame Build, Part 4
- Mistakes Were Made: CX Frame Build, Part 5
- Ongoing: CX Frame Build, Part 6
- Artsy Photos: CX Frame Build, Part 6B
- Musings: CX Frame, Part 7
- Headway: CX Frame, Part 8
- Tiptoeing Forward: CX Frame Build, Part 9
- Checking In: CX Frame Build, Part, Uh, 10?
This weekend of framebuilding didn’t quite go down as planned. When I got to work, I just wasn’t quite in the zone mentally, and based on past experiences, I know that’s when stupid mistakes get made. So I decided to spend my time conservatively — not rushing, and to focus on what I could do with my mindset being what it was. So, you know, not much. While I am supposed to take the occasional day off from my Adderall, today probably wasn’t the best day for that.
First things first, I started off by doing some alignment work. The front triangle was only off by a hair over a millimeter, so I decided to go ahead and run with it. The next step was to get the chainstays into place where they needed to be. That’s done — they pulled inward a couple of millimeters, and it was primarily the drive-side where that was an issue. A couple careful pulls, and it was right where it needed to be. Lastly, wheel twist — when the wheel was in-place, it was pretty obvious that the chainstays were slight out of alignment. A few twists and shoves on the rear wheel while it was in there, and all was right with the world. I spot-checked myself with the H-tool (see the main image above), and everything looked legit. Pretty dang pleased with myself.