Note: Lately, I’ve noticed that when I do the WLOH, I start focusing more on the negative things around me than the positive, and I become kind of a shithead. I don’t like that. So, despite the therapeutic value of venting to the whole Interwebs, I’m wrapping it up for now. This may or may not be the final installment, based on how life is going. If I do ever bring this back, it’ll be a Thursday-scheduled feature, and I’ll counterbalance it with a Friday-scheduled recurring post called the Weekly List of Awesome.
So, without further ado, let’s run down what might be the last WLOH ever.
- Having WLOH writer’s block until Thursday.
- Falling behind the curve on my short story submission plan for 2010. Had been planning on getting six in circulation, have zero so far. Need to get one out in March and one out in April.
- Overdrafts and the ridiculous costs associated with them. This is like the first time in YEARS that this has happened to me. I’m so damn pissed with myself right now.
- That I feel guilty for laughing my ass off at commercials for products I’ll never use. Specifically, Old Spice — I think their new campaign is really funny, but I’ll never, ever, not-in-a-million-years use their product. “Don’t smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching.” Yes! But not with that branding!
- I used to always double-space between a period and the start of a new sentence, and recently learned that the new black is a single-space. I’ve been trying to adapt to that, and it’s been making a mess of things. Writings include both types of spacing, and the end result is a friggin’ mess that I have no desire to go back and clean up. (So what I’m saying is: live with it, dammit.)