Progress Made

She’s coming right along. And I’ve actually been thinking that I may run a 29’er set up as a “super ‘cross” for the aforementioned Almanzo 100.

Progress. More to come as things develop.
Progress. More to come as things develop.

So far we have the headtube, downtube, BB, and seat tube joined up. Everything is within .1mm of where it should be. (Yes, 1/10th of one millimeter.) It’s coming together nicely.

I ordered up new disc brake tabs for it last week from Paragon Machineworks, which look like this:

Willits style tabs. Image borrowed from Paragon Machineworks.
Willits style tabs. Image borrowed from Paragon Machineworks.

Much better-looking than the chunky ones that are readily available everywhere.

I’ve got a paint style picked out — think “tuxedo cat” — gloss black, with a white panel on the downtube, and white tips on the fork, and rear dropouts. There’s some more special details coming — it is, after all, something of a tribute to my cat, Mooch, who passed away last summer.

Speaking of paint, I need to get out and find a regular painter until I’m in a facility that has its own booth. I’ll probably put together an RFP and see what people can quote me before selecting one.

The sketches of the head tube badge are off with a local artist for conversion to a set of vector graphics. I’ll use that on the website and on business collateral materials, plus it’ll be the basis for building the 3D model that I’ll have cast to make the actual head tube badges.

Truckin’ right along.